Most people want to maintain good definition and volume on the cheeks — full and voluminous cheeks represent health and beauty. But as you grow older, you gradually lose volume from the cheeks and midface regions. Sunken cheeks occur when you lose volume and tissues in the regions between the bony arch of your cheek and your lower jawbone. The loss of facial fat can be catalyzed by illnesses, environmental factors, and personal habits. We offer personalized dermal fillers, Sculptra, and PRP treatments to restore facial volume.
What are Sunken Cheeks?
Causes of Sunken Cheeks:
- Loss of fat around the eyes and mouth
- Loss of collagen and elastin from the skin because of aging
- Loss of hyaluronic acid from the skin because of aging
- Underlying health conditions, such as lipoatrophy, tuberculosis, and eating disorders
- Malnutrition, dehydration, and a poor diet
- Being a heavy tobacco smoker
- Participating in strenuous workouts without eating a balanced diet
Your Personalized Consultation
Cutella Medical Spa offers highly personalized consultations and treatments for sunken cheeks. During your consultation, our cosmetic provider will carefully evaluate your skin quality, analyze the potential root cause of your sunken cheeks, measure the degree of skin laxity and volume loss, ask about your concerns, and review a personalized treatment plan. The cosmetic provider will select the ideal treatment for your conditions and goals. Our considered approach to cosmetic treatment ensures naturalized results that conform to your anatomy. Please schedule an appointment for more information.
5822 Worth PKWY #115
San Antonio, TX 78257