Sagging jowls are the folds of sagging skin that hang underneath the chin or jawline. Jowls occur because of the gradual loss of collagen and elastin from the skin. Collagen is a fibrous protein that acts as connective tissue for your skin, ensuring your skin remains firm, taut, and upright against the force of gravity. The loss of collagen because of aging leads to drooping skin tissues underneath the chin and jawline. We use dermal fillers and Sculptra to reduce the prominence of jowls.
What are Sagging Jowls?
Causes of Jowls:
- Loss of collagen and elastin because of natural aging
- Genetic predisposition to thin skin or the loss of collagen
- Frequently making certain facial expressions that stretch your skin
- Dramatic and sudden weight loss
- Excess exposure to direct sunlight
- Excess smoking
- Looking down at your computer or smartphone for long periods
Your Personalized Consultation
Cutella Medical Spa provides personalized consultations and treatment plans to reduce jowls. During your consultation, the cosmetic provider examines your facial skin, measures the degree of skin laxity, reviews your medical history, and asks about your concerns and goals. After thoroughly evaluating the degree of laxity in your jowls, the cosmetic provider selects the ideal cosmetic injections to tighten your skin and reverse the signs of aging. We curate personalized treatments to ensure natural-looking results. Please schedule an appointment for jowl treatment in San Antonio.
5822 Worth PKWY #115
San Antonio, TX 78257