Hyperpigmentation is a skin condition where patches of your skin look darker than the surrounding regions. You may experience hyperpigmentation because of excess melanin production. Melanin is the substance that gives skin its color. When the melanin-producing cells are damaged, they produce excess melanin, which can lead to hyperpigmented spots. Hyperpigmentation leads to dark brown, black, gray, red, or pink patches and spots on the skin, which may be known as age spots, sunspots, or liver spots.
What is Hyperpigmentation?
Causes of Hyperpigmentation:
- Genetic predisposition to excess melanin production, such as freckles
- Adrenal disorders that prevent your body from producing sufficient cortisol hormone
- Hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy or puberty
- Burns, cuts, acne breakouts, and other injuries (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation)
- Medications and drugs that cause excessive sensitivity to light
- Insufficient folic acid and vitamin B12
- Excessive exposure to direct sunlight
- Thyroid disorders
Your Treatment Options
Your Personalized Consultation
Cutella Medical Spa curates personalized treatments for hyperpigmentation, such as laser treatments or microneedling, after a thorough consultation. During your consultation, the cosmetic provider will carefully examine your skin, analyze your skin type, discuss your concerns and goals, and review your medical history. After thoroughly evaluating your skin type, the cosmetic provider will understand the root cause of your pigmentation problems and curate a personalized treatment plan. Your hyperpigmentation treatment is always personalized according to your needs. Please schedule an appointment to explore your hyperpigmentation treatment options in San Antonio.
5822 Worth PKWY #115
San Antonio, TX 78257